Sunday, July 1, 2012

Slogging along

The Erythema Multiforme / Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (Lamictal Rash) ordeal continues.  The skin reaction has changed to a lacy appearance and has spread to other areas, now covering every part of my body from my ears down (my forehead has been spared...for now).  My eyes are also involved.  The newly-affected areas start fresh and follow the same pattern.  EM/SJS likes to play peekaboo in that it settles down and then pops up elsewhere in a full-on rage.  The biggest issue right now is EXTREME joint, muscle, and nerve pain.  I am dictating this post because typing is an impossible task.  The pain is a constant 7-8 on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life.  It’s a throbbing, numbing, aching, burning, electrical experience and I was stupid to say no to pain medication when it was offered.  I was told to expect this, but for some reason did not believe that it would get this severe. 

I was wrong.

I am surprised and satisfied with the care that I received at the hospital.  The physician was thorough, knowledgeable, and did not treat me with the typical “oh, you’re bipolar” attitude that I’ve experienced and come to expect of late.  For that, I am grateful.

I am also grateful for the high-dose prednisone, which does appear to be helping.  I'm not out of the woods yet, but feel as though I've turned a corner.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment.
Regards, TMR