Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Whiplash, Baby

What a difference a day and a little pill make.  I wanted to die last night.  I was ready to die.  I cried as I swallowed that Risperidone pill before bed ... the potential side effects ringing in my ears as I chased it with a medicinal Reese's Peanut Butter Cup...

I woke this morning with a clear head having enjoyed a wonderful night's sleep.  I worked today - actually worked - with a clear head and a happy heart.  It was almost the old me.  Almost.  However, I was reminded that I still have some issues to tend to when I went for lunch with my husband and son.

All the conversations...fucking Fox News on the wall...some bastard's phone was ringing...people having business meetings, the annoying free wifi douchebaggery... sounds of food prep... straw-slurping ... chewing.... ankle biters biting.....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck meeeeeeeeee.  I sort of lost it - started shaking - swallowed a valium - went shopping.  Paid for a fabulous Tommy Hilfiger bag with shaking hands.  YES. 

The afternoon was wonderful.  I fought with Excel for a bit, got pissed at my asshole boss, laughed with my co-workers - it really was a pretty goddamn great day, considering. 

Alice was ten feet tall. 

Cheers to the day.  Cheers to better living through pharmaceuticals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment.
Regards, TMR